peoplefusion have the exciting opportunity of working with a dynamic and innovative Coal Mining organisation in the Newcastle area.
Our client has a defined scheduled of project work to be completed on site which has led to the immediate need for a Structural Project Engineer to commence on a temporary contract.
This position will be based at Kooragang Island and will be responsible for ensuring successful project outcomes that delivers the scope of works and achieves safety, cost and scheduled requirements.
Reporting to the Senior Projects Manager, you will also be responsible for:
- Developing the scope of work in close consultation with key stakeholders
- Managing the execution of plant upgrades and continuous improvement projects
- Coordinating and supporting internal and external resources
- Managing project budgets and timelines
- Providing technical support and expertise in your area of specialisation
The successful candidate will possess the following proficiencies;
- Minimum 5 years experience in Project Management and Construction Supervision in the mining and/or engineering industries
- Formal tertiary qualifications or significant experience in Civil / Structural Engineering
- Experience and a strong working knowledge of FEA and NDT
- Management of Construction contractors in line with current legislative requirements
- Produce and present reports and engineering documentation to all stakeholders
- Understanding of Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality management systems
This role is a temporary/contract position for approximately 6-12 months with an immediate start
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively contact Ali Kimmorley or Warwick Bartley on 0249291666 to discuss further.