- Immediate start
- Fixed term contract to October 2019
- Iconic not-for-profit organisation
The Northern NSW Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service is a not-for-profit organisation providing world class aeromedical, search and rescue services, free of charge to those in need 24/7. The Service has more than 40 years of proud history, and now operates from three bases in NSW (Tamworth, Belmont, Lismore) in addition to a Head Office and aircraft maintenance facility based in Broadmeadow NSW.
The Service is seeking to recruit a talented Receptionist to join its Newcastle team based in Broadmeadow on a fixed term contract basis up to October 2019. In this role you will efficiently and effectively manage a range of reception and administrative tasks whilst also providing support to the Hunter Fundraising and Marketing team.
The contract is available for an immediate start and will report to the HR Manager.
To succeed in this role you will demonstrate a positive, "will do" attitude and a passion for delivering the following:
- Professional and efficient customer service on reception including answering phones, greeting and assisting visitors, coordinating deliveries, mail and couriers
- Accurate and timely responses to enquiries from the community, visitors and team members
- Coordinate Base visits for community groups and other visitors, and arrange catering and room bookings for on-site meetings
- Administrative support for fundraising events and activities, including supporting the Marketing team to send out invites, newsletters, and marketing materials
- Support the Volunteer Coordinator, Events Coordinators and CLOs as required
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date input of data into the organisation's CRM system
- Process the registration of volunteers including generating IDs
- Liaise with the Finance team on a range of transactional and data entry tasks e.g. receipts, payments
- Attend and provide assistance at events, including coordinating prizes and other promotional material
- Attend Fundraising and Marketing team meetings.
Your role is to ensure all communications at the Base run smoothly and efficiently, your attention to detail, consistency and ability to liaise with people who have been touched by this Service is critical to this role.
To be considered you will have:
- A current NSW Driver Licence
- A Working with Children Check (or a willingness to obtain)
- 3 years' experience in a reception and administration role
- Experience in a community-based/not-for-profit organization or similar
- Tertiary qualifications in administration/marketing/event management will be highly regarded but is not essential
To express your interest for this rewarding position please click 'Apply Now' and forward your resume and covering letter detailing your relevant experience and addressing the above criteria. Applications close COB Friday 18 May 2018.
Due to operational demands applications and enquiries will not be taken at the Base.