The Mingara Leisure Group is renowned for its commitment to making a significant contribution to the quality of community life. The Group's portfolio of Clubs are located at Tumbi Umbi and The Entrance on the Central Coast, Port Macquarie, Roselands in Sydney, and Springwood at the foot of the Blue Mountains. Mingara Leisure Group employ over 500 people and is a culture of positivity and dedication to genuinely delighting and surprising members and guests of their venues. Internally, the organisation prides itself on proactively engaging with employees to ensure a fun, efficient and collaborative workplace.
About the role
The position of Payroll Officer, reporting to the Financial Accountant for the Group, is based at Tumbi Umbi and is responsible for conducting the full payroll function for approximately 500 employees on a weekly basis. The scope of the position includes payroll processing, maintenance of leave records, preparing month end reports, reconciliation of the general ledger and responding to staff related enquiries.
Your customer service skills will be well utilised to provide seamless and quality responses to all payroll related enquiries. As a part of this, your organizational skills and exceptional adherence to deadlines will ensure these interactions are to an excellent standard. It is essential that you can display your ability to work well autonomously, while also engaging with colleagues across the entire organisation in a positive way.
Essential experience we are seeking in the successful Payroll Officer includes:
- Detailed understanding of payroll and tax legislation
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple awards and/or enterprise agreements in a computerised payroll environment
- Well developed skills in Kronos workforce management/time and attendance software with an ability to introduce business improvement initiatives that streamline payroll functions
- Minimum 5 years experience running a payroll function operationally, within a medium to large organisation
- Proficiency in the use of Excel
How to apply
To learn more about the key responsibilities, company culture and associated benefits of this opportunity, please contact Sare Simeonov from 11th January on 02 4927 2010 for a confidential discussion, or click "apply for this job" to submit your covering letter and CV.
Applicants are encouraged to apply promptly as the recruitment process will commence immediately.