- Contribute to the improvement of Hunter Valley rail
- 6-month temp role based in Broadmeadow
- Opportunity to go permanent
ARTC is a major player in the transport supply chain and economic development of Australia, with a network spanning across five states. They are proud of their continuous improvement, development and investment of the rail network across Australia to benefit our rail and freight transportation.
As Operational Business Analyst for ARTC you will be enhancing and developing systems and processes to meet customer requirements. This will involve analysis of internal and external data to support strategy and planning across the business.
As the ideal candidate you will have a demonstrable, analytical approach to problem solving, with experience in process mapping as well as advanced skills in Excel and other data analysis tools.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- The safety performance and engagement of the Operational Data Analyst
- Analysis of raw operational performance data and development of different means of
- presenting the data to relevant internal and external stakeholders across multiple
- organisational levels
- Track operational performance against key system and strategy assumptions and working
- with groups to rectify any gaps identified
- Conduct system-based (currently Tableau or PowerBI) interrogations and analysis
- Develop and present stakeholders with end user tailored business performance reporting
- using data supported, system-based (currently Tableau) processes
- Oversee the preparation of documentation and facilitate monthly reports
- Manage and enhance the systems and processes to robustly record network pathing,
- contract consumption, capacity and performance management and end-of-month
- Undertake detailed analysis of contractual performance information and interpret the
- implications of changing internal and external stakeholder requirements to inform
- Assist with the development of workflows, action plans and procedures documenting activities undertaken and lessons learned.
Essential selection criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in business or IT-related discipline or equivalent relevant experience
- Previous experience in a similar role and evidence of process improvement focus
- Highly analytical, statistical and numeracy skills including a demonstrable logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Strong ability to manipulate data in different electronic formats e.g. Microsoft Excel, Access Database, Tableau, PowerBI etc
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Background or understanding in the Theory of Constraints
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of staff as part of a team.
Desirable selection criteria:
- Experience in the development and deployment of information systems
- Project management experience
- Six Sigma qualification, Kepner Tregoe or equivalent problem-solving analysis
- Exposure to Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Working knowledge of the Hunter Valley coal chain and/or rail industry.
A copy of the full position description is available on request. Contact Wendy Donovan on 02 4927 2015 for a confidential discussion or apply by submitting a current CV and covering letter addressing the above criteria by COB Friday 11th January 2019.