- Use your sales skills to make a difference everyday
- See your hard work make a difference everyday
- Manage and grow key relationships
The Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service is a not-for-profit organisation providing world class emergency response aeromedical, search and rescue services to those in need 24/7. The Service has more than 40 years of proud history, and now operates from three bases in NSW (Lismore, Belmont, Tamworth) in addition to a Head Office and aircraft maintenance facility based in Broadmeadow NSW.
The Service proudly considers itself to be "The Community's Own" Rescue Helicopter and relies on fundraising revenue and community support. This includes corporate sponsorships, a workplace giving program, events, volunteer support groups, op shops and donations from individuals and companies in the local region.
Based in Newcastle and reporting to the Regional Marketing Manager, your key responsibility is to represent the Service in the greater Newcastle region and Lower Hunter Valley area. It will be your job to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, as well as identify and grow new opportunities in the region. Your responsibilities would include:
- Developing a Community Engagement Plan for the region
- Working to a fundraising plan that supports the continuing operation of the Rescue Helicopter
- Maintaining and growing relationships with key stakeholders in the local region - including business and community groups, government and community organisations
- Driving the payroll deduction program by maintaining existing and growing new relationships with companies and partner organisations;
- Coordinating the Service's key events in the region and attending other networking events
To be considered for this rewarding role you will have:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Demonstrated business development and sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to identify, initiate and secure a pipeline of fundraising
- Proven industry relationships and local knowledge
- A positive attitude that reflects the values of the Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service.
This role will require availability outside of normal working hours and requires a commitment to undertake the necessary regional travel to build and maintain relationships in person, and a commitment to being involved in many of the local events that support the WRHS. You must hold a current driver's license and be prepared to complete a Working With Children Check, Police Check and a personality profile on line.
Applications are required no later than Monday 24th June 2019. To register your interest with Wendy Donovan please click "APPLY", submit a current version of your CV and a covering letter addressing the above criteria.
Due to operational demands calls and emails cannot be accepted at the WRHS Base.