- Join Australia's largest Environment Markets investor
- Provide carbon farming solutions for regional landowners
- Multiple roles: make your base in Brisbane or rural Queensland
Greencollar is Australia's largest Environmental Markets advisor and investor. Founded in 2008, Greencollar put the environment on the balance sheet, developing some of the first projects under the Carbon Farming Initiative. Their clients range from landholders, research groups, NGO's, corporations and government across Australia. Greencollar has established over 100 projects across rural and regional areas bringing together a diverse skilled team of scientists, environmental specialists, lawyers and finance professionals.
Due to continued growth and opportunities in Queensland we are looking for uniquely experienced candidates to join the Business Development team. Ideally this will be a base in Brisbane or Western Rural Queensland.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will have dual responsibility of securing new carbon projects and building a pipeline of environmental projects across Queensland involving frequent travel across regional areas. Your clients will include landholders, graziers, indigenous organisations, lawyers, accountants, and National Resource Management representatives. Your key responsibilities will be business origination, negotiation and project development. This will involve planning and meeting with many landholders, generating assessments, and presenting business cases, in order to secure commercial carbon projects leading all the negotiations along the way, and ultimately handing over to the project development team. With many projects already on the way, it is important for you to be part of the local presence, responding to leads and identifying new business opportunities.
Day to day, you will manage the following responsibilities:
- Securing transaction closure and ensure consistent growth of a quality pipeline
- Identifying, planning, meeting and following up with potential clients
- Working closely with corporate agriculture and mining clients to identify and develop projects
- Leading deal negotiations and managing project origination from start to completion of the project development life cycle
- Working with their internal Corporate Counsel and National Sales Manager to provide all relevant legal and technical documentation to potential candidates, accurately, informatively and promptly
- Working closely with their internal GIS (Geospatial Team) to review, revise and discuss potential candidate sites, project design and project implementation
- Working with banks, accountants and other service providers to secure project development, consents etc. or any other steps required to secure project implementation
To be considered for this role you will likely have a background in primary production, agriculture or natural resource management. You will be a strong commercial influencer able to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders, with an ability to act quickly and a commercial understanding:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in agriculture, environment science, and/or commerce or economics
- Demonstrated solution-selling background with examples of transaction closure in long lead complex transactions.
- Experience in B2B mining and/or agriculture is desirable, or with a similar client base with demonstrated experience growing a region
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience in a business development and/or project development role
- Demonstrated experience in successful negotiations involving contracts/projects
- Demonstrated commercial acumen through work experience or owning your own business
- Experience with an AFSL or financial products in a general capacity is highly desirable
- Experience in indigenous engagement is also highly desirable
This role will require significant travel through rural areas, where you will be working remotely, but you will be rewarded with an attractive salary, vehicle and bonus, along with the opportunity to join an amazing team at the forefront of their industry.
Please only apply if you are an Australian permanent resident or citizen.
Wanting more information contact email@example.com for an information pack
For a confidential discussion please call Sare Simeonov (02) 4927 2010 or Wendy Donovan (02) 4927 2015
Apply now and submit a current version of your CV with a covering letter addressing the criteria.
Applications close midnight Sunday 6th December 2020.