- Work with a highly motivated organisation
- Newcastle location
- See your hard work make a difference every day
The Northern NSW Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service is a not-for-profit organisation providing world class aeromedical, search and rescue services, free of charge to those in need 24/7. The Service has more than 40 years of proud history, and now operates from three bases in NSW (Tamworth, Belmont, Lismore) in addition to a Head Office and aircraft maintenance facility based in Broadmeadow NSW.
The Service is seeking to recruit an Avionics Aircraft Maintenance Engineer to carry out maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification, assembly and/or testing on the aircraft fleet in a safe and efficient manner and to a high standard. This role is based in Broadmeadow (Newcastle), with occasional deployments to other bases as required. It will report to the Senior Base Engineer.
Key position accountabilities and responsibilities are:
- Assist the Engineering team with major aircraft inspections, repairs and overhauls; and provide assistance with hybrid trouble shooting and recurrent technical problems
- Communicate any abnormalities and ensure that all maintenance and defect rectification is carried out to the relevant design and quality standards
- Carry out maintenance activities in accordance with approved Company, manufacturer and Airworthiness Authority manuals
- Effectively plan work activities in accordance with tasks and timeframes allocated by the Senior Base Engineer
- Complete paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain a positive, tidy and safe working environment.
To be considered for this rare opportunity you will have:
- Aircraft Engineer Trade Qualifications and a current NSW Driver Licence (essential)
- Solid AME experience in the aviation industry
- AW139 qualifications and/or experience would be highly regarded but not essential
- Preferable experience working in an EMS environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
To register your interest please click "APPLY" and forward your resume and covering letter addressing the above criteria. Applications close COB Monday 21st May, 2018.
Due to operational demands calls and emails cannot be accepted at the WRHS Base.