- Work for an organisation that fosters and nurtures its people
- Highly respected, innovative and entrepreneurial Not-for-Profit
- Be rewarded by making a difference to people lives… everyday
About the company
Compass Housing Services is one of Australia's largest non-government social housing providers with over 35 years' experience in providing secure and affordable housing, as well as delivering housing products for disadvantaged people who have difficulties sourcing adequate housing.
Compass provides tenancy and/or property management for over 6500 properties in New South Wales, Queensland and New Zealand. Compass has an operating income of $90 million per annum, net assets of $360 million and a staffing body of 188 employees.
Compass Housing Services is recognised as a great place to work having been awarded Employer of Choice through the Australian Business Awards (ABA) in September 2019 for the 5th consecutive year and is a Best Employer finalist in the 2020 ABA Awards, with the winners to be announced later this year.
About the role
Reporting to the Group Managing Director (GMD), this role is charged with providing solid financial leadership and financial strategy implementation across the organisation which will ensure effective fiscal management in the delivery of the organisation's strategic and operational objectives.
This role will:
- Actively participate as a direct report to the GMD and Board - as required - to ensure that service delivery is integrated within the corporate objectives and strategy;
- Provide the GMD and/or Board with policy advice and information on trends in financial matters;
- Provide sound advice on finance products (debt/equity) and financing options for various projects and programs;
- In conjunction with the nominated member/s of the Board, manage and report on cash flow and investments;
- Assist in the development, implementation, and review of policies, procedures and operating standards of their core business, staffing and financial activities;
- Build relevant employee capabilities and develop the workforce to meet changing needs;
- Develop a culture of service, safety, teamwork, equal opportunity and innovation.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Substantial experience in strategic leadership of a medium size organisation and the management of staff;
- Sound knowledge of Accounting Systems involving payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets and credit control;
- Financial management information reporting including budget preparation, forecasting, variance analysis, lead indicator analysis and relevant information for management and the Board;
- Demonstrated ability to provide financial statements in accordance with professional standards, Corporations and ACNC Acts and other relevant Law and within deadlines;
- Experience or demonstrated skill in compliance and financial management of foreign entities and a group corporate structure;
- Demonstrated desire to lead others, foster high performing workplace cultures and grow talent;
- CA or CPA qualified with extensive experience at a senior level within a medium to large organisation.
How to apply
To learn more about key responsibilities, company culture and associated benefits of this opportunity, please contact Sally Bartley email@example.com to request a Success Profile information pack or alternatively, click "apply for this job" to submit your covering letter and CV. Applications close Monday the 20th of July 10am.