Our client is a leading mining engineering, service and manufacturing company and is in growth mode. They pride themselves on delivering the highest level of service and maintenance work on various mining equipment. They also manufacture equipment and have gained an enviable reputation for the quality of their products. From humble beginnings in 2005 they have grown to a current team of 32.
With their expansion plans coming, an opportunity has become available for an Accountant to join their team. The role will suit an experienced professional who is naturally inquisitive, innovative and enjoys getting to know the business and how the finance function relates to operations.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will work closely to streamline and improve processes as well as completing financial and accounting tasks. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall integrity of internal and external financial reporting and accounting operations.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Preparing financial reports.
- Completing monthly returns, BAS, month-end and year-end accounts.
- Creating and implementing finance policies and procedures.
- Developing and presenting sales and job cost and analysis reports to management.
- Analysis of financial information and reporting back to the General Manager on areas for opportunity and improvement.
- Assisting with the day-to-day processes of the financial team with Payroll, AR and AP.
- Developing and monitoring cashflow and budget forecasting.
The role will suit an Accountant (CA/CPA ideally) with a minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role. Working across sales, service and engineering, this role is varied, challenging and hands on. Chartered Accountants who are seeking a commercial role are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, inquisitive, innovative and truly add value to this progressive company. In return you will enjoy a great environment and an attractive remuneration package.
Click "Apply" and submit a current version of your CV and a covering letter addressing the above criteria. For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Chris Anderson on 02 4929 1666.
Applications close on Monday 12th of March 2018.