Ronald McDonald House is located on the grounds of the Tamworth Hospital and assists families of children with serious illness by providing accommodation and support services. Since opening the doors in 2008, more than 300 families have called Ronald McDonald House Tamworth home each year. The highly-respected charity is dedicated to making every day a bit brighter for those in need, and relies on the generosity of the local community to operate.
As Community Engagement Coordinator for New England, North West you will be a proactive self-starter with boundless initiative and 'get up and go' who can drive opportunities throughout the NENW region as well as collaborate with the organisation's broader team.
In this role you will manage the local fundraising program and develop and foster strong and financially rewarding partnerships with individuals, corporate and community partners which result in the achievement of fundraising budgets and long-term relationships.
Reporting to the Marketing & Fundraising Manager, key position accountabilities and responsibilities include:
- Manage key stakeholders and partnerships associated with community and corporate fundraising activities
- Contribute to and deliver on the NENW Chapter's annual Fundraising Strategy
- Research and develop new business relationships and fundraising opportunities
- Manage local marketing and promotion, including media relations
- Event management and representing RMH at fundraising activities
- Database administration
- Risk mitigation e.g. associated with volunteer activities.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Experience in sales, new business development and/or fundraising essential
- Strong organisational skills and ability to communicate with all stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making experience
- High level of time management skills and ability to meet demanding and competing priorities
- Current Driver Licence
- Current NSW Working with Children Check and Criminal Record Check (or a willingness to obtain them)
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Business Management or a related discipline will be highly regarded
- Experience in the Not-for-Profit sector desirable
- A commitment to the organisation's values and workplace practices.
The nature of this role will require out of hours work and some inter/intra state travel.
To apply for this rewarding position please click 'Apply' and forward a current CV and covering letter addressing the above-mentioned criteria, or alternatively contact Sally Bartley on 02 4929 1666 to discuss the position further. Applications close COB Monday the 15th of October 2018.