The Northern NSW Helicopter Rescue Service, known as the Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service (WRHS), is a not-for-profit organisation providing world class aeromedical, search and rescue services, free of charge to those in need 24/7. With more than 40 years of proud history, the Service is currently experiencing significant growth with the commencement of a 10-year contract. The Service operates from three bases in NSW (Belmont, Lismore, Tamworth) in addition to a Head Office based in Broadmeadow NSW.
The Service is seeking to recruit an experienced Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer to carry out all required duties to ensure contracted company aircraft are serviceable. This role is based in Tamworth, with occasional deployments to other bases, and will report to the Senior Base Engineer.
Key position accountabilities and responsibilities are:
- Carry out aircraft scheduled maintenance, regular deterioration monitoring and preventative maintenance tasks in accordance with approved company manuals and documentation
- Troubleshoot and rectify any unscheduled maintenance events or defects
- Carry out aircraft modifications or major repairs
- Maintain a high focus and level of effort to ensure the Engineering department is achieving the required base aircraft availability target
- Maintain base ground support equipment, tooling and aircraft maintenance related facilities.
To be considered for this rare opportunity you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years' LAME experience in the aviation industry
- Recognised AW139 Mechanical (B1) product knowledge by way of OEM training with minimum 3 years' type experience
- Civil Aviation Regulations (CAR) & Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR) and supporting Airworthiness documents.
- Demonstrated ability to meet the requirements of maintaining aircraft within an EMS environment - including the requirement to be available for weekend, after hours and on-call work on an 8-6 roster.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To register your interest please click "APPLY" or contact Sally Bartley on 02 4929 1666 for a confidential discussion. Applications close Monday 28th August 2017.
Due to operational demands calls and emails cannot be accepted at the WRHS Base.