- Work with a highly motivated organisation
- Continue your career in Aviation
- Make a difference every day
The Northern NSW Helicopter Rescue Service, known as the Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service (WRHS), is a not-for-profit organisation providing world class aeromedical, search and rescue services, free of charge to those in need 24/7. With more than 40 years of proud history, the Service is currently experiencing significant growth with the commencement of a 10-year contract. The Service operates from three bases in NSW (Belmont, Lismore, Tamworth) in addition to a Head Office based in Broadmeadow NSW where this position will ideally be located from.
An experienced Quality Assurance Officer is being sought to join the WRHS team, who will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of quality systems across the Service. In this role you will partner with internal and external stakeholders to establish, implement, review and promote quality and continuous improvement systems.
Reporting to the Safety, Health, Quality and Environmental (SHEQ) Manager, the following experience and skills are essential to succeeding in this exciting position:
- Work with Line Management groups to build and implement quality solutions in line with business needs and strategy.
- Provide advice to Leaders and employees on quality policies, programs and practices.
- Maintain a high situational awareness of regulatory changes that may impact assigned activities, for example CASA Regulations, WHS Act, relevant Codes of Practice and Australian Standards.
- Assist the SHEQ Manager and the Senior Management Team with the implementation, maintenance, review and revision of the Quality Management System, ensuring compliance with CASA and Australian Standards.
- Assist the SHEQ Manager with activities required to achieve WRHS quality objectives.
- Assist the Chief Pilot with activities to achieve requirements of AOC and the Operations Manual.
- Assist the Head of Training & Checking in development of Instructional Skills Guides and procedures and other relevant documentation.
- Assist the Chief Engineer with activities to achieve requirements of MOM and MCM.
- Monitor the progress of non-conformance reports and ensure findings are addressed in a timely manner.
- Maintain quality control of company operational documentation in consultation with the SHEQ Manager and other stakeholders.
- Oversee and/or complete regular internal audits as required by the MCM, MOM & SMS. Specifically, identify findings and make recommendations that address findings/risks and raise and track non-conformance as required.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- At least two years' experience in Quality Management System activities and knowledge of CASR Part 145, Part 145 MOS and Part 42 Regulations.
- Formal qualifications in Quality Management Systems with strong knowledge and understanding of the maintenance of aircraft and aeronautical products.
- Strong demonstrated experience in process mapping, Systems development drafting operational process, procedures and work instructions.
- Knowledge of the regulations and standards applicable to continuing airworthiness of aircraft.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with high level attention to detail and accuracy.
The successful candidate will be a team player with a demonstrated commitment to safety and the continuous improvement of operational process and procedures. You will need to have the right to work in Australia and be prepared to complete a psychometric assessment, Working with Children Check and National Police History Check, if successful.
Applications are required no later than Friday the 1st of February, 2019 To register your interest please click "APPLY" and submit a current version of your CV and a covering letter addressing the above criteria. If you have a specific enquiry please contact Sally Bartley 02 4929 1666 for a confidential discussion.
Due to operational demands calls and emails cannot be accepted at the WRHS Base.