- One-of-a-kind opportunity to join the Australian Space industry
- Lead the design, development and delivery of a global satellite product
- Join the team at Lot Fourteen in Adelaide, home of the Australian Space Agency, with numerous other high-tech space companies and defence primes
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of the fast-growing Australian Space Industry?
Neumann Space is uniquely placed to develop and deliver affordable, efficient drives (thrusters) that can greatly prolong the lifespan of satellites, as well as lower the fuel and mass costs for long-term space exploration missions. Currently, they are in the midst of bringing to market the world's most efficient in-space electric propulsion system for Cubesats and Smallsats, and have exciting plans to grow the engineering team to support this product development with global potential.
Reporting to the CEO, this newly created role will lead the design, development, testing and delivery phases of bringing their product to market. You will own all aspects of product development, leading and supervising the workflow across a small team of engineers. Later on, you will also start to expand the product portfolio and manufacturing. Additionally, you will represent the company as the product technical leader, contributing to business development activities when required. The team are looking for someone that is passionate and enthusiastic, can "take things and drive them over the finish line", have sound planning and persistent execution skills, and have the capacity to thrive in a rapidly changing, start-up environment.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Aerospace Engineering Degree (or equivalent)
- 8+ years' experience in a similar role, experience with electric propulsion preferred
- Experience leading a team of engineers
- Understanding of space tech development and methods
- Process orientation; demonstrated ability to develop repeatable processes or improve existing processes in and out of product development
- Demonstrated project management skills and technical leadership experience
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills, particularly with external suppliers and partners
- High order communication skills ( written, verbal and report-writing)
An understanding of plasma physics is desired, but is not essential.
To learn more please contact Wendy Donovan via firstname.lastname@example.org for a full information pack, or call 02 4927 2015 for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, you can apply by clicking "apply for this job" - please submit your CV and covering letter highlighting your skills for this role.
Applications close midnight 16th August 2019.