The Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service is a world-class aeromedical search and rescue operator, servicing the communities of the Hunter, Central Coast, Mid North Coast, New England and North West regions of NSW. Their Service began as a part-time voluntary summer beach patrol in 1975 and is now one of the most iconic not-for-profit organisations in Australia. It was recently awarded a 10-year state government contract which will commence in early 2017 and involve a merge of the Lismore service.
Based at Broadmeadow (Newcastle), the Service is seeking to recruit an experienced Engineering Manager to provide leadership and direction to an Engineering team that is situated across four bases, to ensure aircraft availability and reliability targets are consistently achieved.
This role will report to the Operations Manager and its key position accountabilities and responsibilities are:
- Provide direction and leadership to the team, facilitating a culture of best practice operations with a focus on safety, quality, effective planning and continuous improvement
- Comply with CASA regulations
- Uphold exceptional safety standards with all internal stakeholders across multiple bases
- Effectively manage the Engineering budget
- Oversee the development, implementation and improvement of Engineering systems
- Provide reports and updates to the Operations Manager and Chief Pilot on aircraft availability
- Ensure effective long, medium and short term fleet rotation plans
- Contribute to the Technical Services team in the capacity of Technical Services Engineer.
To be considered for this rare opportunity you will have:
- Strong leadership qualities, including mentoring and coaching
- Detailed AW139 knowledge and experience (Mechanical (B1) and or Avionic (B2))
- Have a working knowledge of the Civil Aviation regulations including the ability to hold HAAMC
- Have a working knowledge of typical aircraft airworthiness and maintenance control activities
- Demonstrated ability to achieve demanding targets
- Previous experience in a Technical Services Engineer role.
Candidates must understand the requirements and commitment to a 24/7 response environment and previous project management and planning experience within an Aviation environment is highly desirable. To register your interest please click "APPLY" or contact Sally Bartley on 02 4929 1666 for a confidential discussion. Applications close Monday 21 November 2016.
Due to operational demands calls and emails cannot be accepted at the WRHS Base.