Following an amazing 21-year career at Orana Gardens, the incumbent is following her next passion in life of natural therapies and now we need to fill her shoes…….and that is where you come in! But let us tell you more about the facility first.
This 125-bed facility, Orana Gardens, is located in the beautiful regional centre of Dubbo, Central West of NSW. It offers a variety of aged care options including independent retirement living and all levels of residential aged care including respite and dementia services. Orana Gardens provides a relaxed, engaging setting where families are made to feel welcome and residents feel right at home!
The role & ideal candidate
As the Director of Care, you will have ultimate responsibility for ensuring the utmost clinical care of residents is achieved. Concurrently, you will be providing resident's families with peace of mind directly and through the dedicated team of professionals that Orana Gardens has built a reputation for employing. Without doubt, Orana Gardens is recognised as an aged care leader of clinical consumer care in the Central West region.
In the role of Director of Care, your confidence in clinical leadership will not go unnoticed, and nor will the drive, energy and enthusiasm you bring to leading outstanding consumer care to the residents of Orana Gardens.
A little more about the role and experience required
Reporting to the CEO of the organisation, the Director of Care we are seeking has the following skills and attributes:
- Working knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards and experience in review, improvement and ongoing management of how they are practically managed in a residential care environment
- Human resource management experience including developing performance plans, general understanding of EA negotiation, efficient rostering, WHS and risk management and developing and managing return-to-work programs
- Financial and budget management including appropriate levels of cost control and resource costs
- Working closely with your management team to assist in the formulation of development plans, management philosophy and operational policies and procedures for the overall care management
- Exceptional time management skills and an ability to juggle competing priorities daily
- Outstanding stakeholder relationships both internally and outside of the organisation
- Tertiary qualifications in Nursing and AHPRA registration, as minimum qualifications.
Your desire to achieve outcomes in relation to modern best practice services to the residents as consumers will be rewarded through a highly competitive remuneration package, including fully maintained motor vehicle and the benefit of salary packaging. Relocation assistance is also available.
For a confidential discussion please contact Ali Kimmorley on 02 4927 2006. Alternatively, you can submit your resume with covering letter by clicking "Apply Now". Interviews will commence immediately and you are therefore encouraged to apply early.