- Not just another Lawyer ad…..this one is different!
- Dynamic team of young and established lawyers
- Award winning firm, mentoring and variety of work
This is a rare opportunity to join Australian Business Lawyers & Advisors' (ABLA) vibrant Newcastle office! ABLA is an incorporated legal practice that is a wholly owned subsidiary of NSW Business Chamber. This puts ABLA in a unique position for a legal practice. As a mission-based business, they focus on representing and advocating for business. With no partnership structure, the team of over 60 collaborate and co-operate together, both within the Newcastle practice teams and across the other locations of Sydney and Brisbane. Their firm motto is 'experts make things simple'! Clients have said they are a 'breath of fresh air'.
As a key member of the Corporate + Commercial team which was a Finalist for Australian Commercial Team of the Year in 2017 and 2018, you will have the opportunity to develop your career, while applying your drive, enthusiasm and expertise from day one, with support and mentoring from top-tier directors located in both Newcastle and Sydney. This close-knit team believes in looking after its people, doing quality work and a positive, down-to-earth attitude and personality is a must!
What work will you be doing?
ABLA encourages its lawyers to develop areas of interest and expertise, but a range of experience is also advantageous. With a focus on being a trusted advisor to local, domestic and international businesses, while also supporting the NSW Business Chamber, Hunter Business Chamber and members, the role covers Corporate and Commercial law, including:
- Providing quality, practical and commercial legal advice to clients
- Sale and purchase of assets as well as mergers and acquisitions
- Advice on corporate structuring and drafting corporate transactional documents (e.g. shareholders agreements)
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Regulatory compliance (e.g. Corporations Act, Corporate Governance, Privacy law, Competition and Consumer law and IP/IT).
To be considered you will have the following:
- A positive attitude, drive to constantly improve your legal skills, and be a team player with intiative
- Minimum of 3 years PQE
- A strong understanding of corporate and contract law (or a willingness to learn)
- Well-developed drafting skills and attention to detail
- Clear and precise communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- An ability to provide advice that is technically sound but also commercial
- (Optional) Exposure to other areas of law such as property law and intellectual property
The firm offers a friendly, supportive work environment, mentoring and professional development and a genuine appreciation that there's more to life than work! You will receive a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with qualifications and experience, together with the support of an experienced and committed team (part-time applications welcome).
To register your interest please click "APPLY" and submit a CV and covering letter addressing the criteria. You are welcome to contact Ali Kimmorley of peoplefusion on 02 4927 2006 for a confidential discussion about the position.