- 12 month temp contract
- Collaborative team environment
- Commencing immediately
peoplefusion have the exciting opportunity of working with a dynamic and innovative organisation that operates within the coal mining industry in the Newcastle area. Driven by a strong, experienced and highly commercial management team, our client employs staff that are focused, team orientated and motivated in their careers.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the responsibilities of the role are a variety of financial and management accounting functions including statutory compliance, annual budgets and business planning, financial analysis, forecasting and reporting.
Key duties include:
- Ensure compliance with tax and accounting requirements including Statutory Accounts, Income Tax, FBT, and GST
- Monitor expenditure and highlight opportunities for improvement in cost control
- Implement appropriate budgeting, planning and cost control tools to enable successful cost management
- Provide cost and statistical reporting to management
- Oversee accounts payable and perform payroll activities.
To be considered you will need:
- Formal tertiary qualifications in accounting/commerce or related discipline
- 5 + years' experience preferably within heavy industry
- Experience using an ERP system i.e. Pulse, SAP, JDE
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- A results driven work style with a commitment to continuous improvement.
If you are ready to take on this challenge and love the idea of working for a well-known and dynamic organisation, apply now or call Chris Anderson on 02 4929 1666 for a confidential discussion.
Applicants are encouraged to apply promptly as the recruitment process will commence immediately.