- Turn your applied skills to the growing area of medical research
- Lead and mentor a small growing team
- Be part of a world-class brand that makes a lasting difference
As one of Australia’s largest independent health and medical research institutions, HMRI brings together researchers, healthcare professionals, policymakers, industry and the community to address health issues to deliver on its purpose to improve the health and wellbeing of our community.
HMRI’s success is the result of a strong 23-year partnership between the Hunter community, the University of Newcastle, and Hunter New England Local Health District.
About the Opportunity
This role will lead a team and mentor a team of economists and analysts in providing expert economic advice, analysis, and consultancy services to HMRI’s affiliated researchers, partners, and industry in line with HMRI’s strategy and building on HMRI’s reputation of research and service excellence to its key stakeholders. It’s a role that is effectively a 2IC to the Associate Director, whereby you will gain the opportunity to support the business in strategic and business planning initiatives.
It will be the perfect opportunity if
- you are looking to bring your applied economic analytic skills to the health research
- you are wanting an opportunity to expand your career or step-up from your existing responsibilities
- you want to work in a world class facility with like-minded colleagues
- you are looking to relocate to a large regional hub where you have the benefits of lifestyle minus of the congestion and hustle and bustle of long commutes
- Hold post-graduate qualifications in economics
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar senior role supervising and mentoring a team, with experience in applied economic projects
- Ability to project manage and manage clients having commercial acumen and ability to develop rapport across a wide range of stakeholders
How to Apply
To learn more about key responsibilities, company culture and associated benefits of this opportunity, please contact Wendy Donovan on 02 4927 2015 for a confidential discussion. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a Success Profile Pack We look forward to reviewing your application, including covering letter. To submit, click ‘apply for this job’.
Preliminary interviews will commence immediately