- Outstanding opportunity
- Focus on leading and motivating a dedicated team
- Make a difference every day!
Ronald McDonald House is located on the grounds of the Tamworth Hospital and assists families of children with serious illness by providing accommodation and support services. Since opening the doors in 2008, more than 300 families have called Ronald McDonald House Tamworth home each year. The highly-respected charity is dedicated to making every day a bit brighter for families and relies on the generosity of the local community to operate.
An Operations/Program Manager position for Tamworth, has recently become available to ensure the provision of a 24 hour/7 days per week service to sick or injured children and their families. This role will lead and motivate a team of staff and volunteers to meet operational and financial objectives.
Reporting to the NNSW Operations Manager, key position accountabilities and responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage an empathetic, friendly and safe environment in Ronald McDonald House Tamworth for children and their families
- Proactively lead, develop and support a team of staff and volunteers (75+) to achieve operational objectives of 24 hour/7 days per week program.
- Develop and manage key stakeholder relationships to meet operational requirements, service awareness and income objectives
- Manage and oversee all facility maintenance and upgrades.
- Ensure House facilities are kept clean and tidy in conjunction with housekeeper and relevant staff and volunteers, as required
- Manage the operational budget, claim processes and general banking
- Operate in collaboration with Family Room, Learning Program and Community Engagement Coordinators to achieve operational and financial objectives
- Develop and maintain a WHS compliant culture and supportive working environment
- Drive improvement initiatives and projects with operational systems, processes and policies
- Collaboratively promote and present at various external events in collaboration with the Community Engagement Coordinators
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Leadership experience within a health, education or community services organisation
- Qualifications in community services, psychology, education, business or relevant area
- Understanding of the health environment.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to build relationships with all stakeholders
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Current Driver's License
- Strong organisational skill, high level of time management skills and ability to meet demanding and competing priorities
- Experience in facility management preferred.
- Working With Children Check and Criminal Record Check (or a willingness to obtain them).
To apply for this rewarding position please click 'Apply' and forward a current CV and covering letter addressing the above-mentioned criteria, or alternatively contact Wendy Donovan on 02 4927 2009 to discuss the position further. Due to the Xmas period, applications will remain open until COB Wednesday 9 January 2019. To receive an information pack prior to sending through your application, please email Wendy Donovan at email@example.com.