Transform the sourcing landscape and lead the newly formed buying team of a well-established and highly-respected educational resources supplier. Based in Newcastle CBD, our client prides itself on their reputation for delivering high quality innovative products, exceeding customer expectations and being leaders in the industry.
With a portfolio of more than 7,500 products, the company is dedicated to creating inspirational and fun learning environments for children and driving high standards in the education and care sector.
To facilitate the next phase of growth our client is seeking an experienced, team focused leader to develop and implement sourcing and supply strategies that will champion their competitive market place advantage, expand supplier relationships and identify valuable new business opportunities. This new role provides an exciting opportunity to reshape the current buying culture and build efficiencies and structures aimed at supporting the steady growth of this business.
Reporting to the General Manager, key responsibilities include:
- Establish and maintain a team structure that supports the development of a high performing buying team
- Develop and use productive sourcing and demand planning strategies on a national and international level
- Develop and maintain budgets and pricing models
- Analyse market trends, customer preferences and seasonal demands to plan and introduce an attractive range of products
- Devise negotiation strategies to secure profitable business arrangements
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Support the business in the planning and execution of all promotional activities
To be considered you will have:
- A team focused style with strong people leadership and excellent task management skills.
- The ability to analyse business performance and implement the right solutions.
- Expertise in buying, inventory sourcing and supply (5+ years' experience)
- Demonstrated analytical ability and business acumen
- Experience and strong ability in supplier negotiation and relationship building on a national and international scale
- Excellent planning and resource application skills.
Our client has been a market leader for more than 30 years and gives back to the community via its commitment to sustainability, including reusing or recycling all packaging materials to reduce waste going to landfill. If this exciting opportunity interests you, we would love to speak to you!
peoplefusion Director Ali Kimmorley can be contacted in confidence on 02 4927 2006. Applications can be submitted through the 'Apply for this job' option below.