Our client strives to make a positive difference and impact in all that they do. They are committed to delivering high quality, effective and innovative solutions to their client's environment and community sustainability challenges. As an employer, they foster a welcoming culture that makes their team want to turn up to work every day and contribute their best, and rewards this by offering continuous improvement opportunities and lifestyle balance. They currently have an excellent opportunity for a Management Accountant to join their team.
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the purpose of this hands-on role is to provide accurate and timely management accounts, analysis and reporting support to the management team, while ensuring integrity of information systems and compliance with accounting procedures and legislative requirements.
Day to day you will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Preparation and consolidation of data for management reports including commentary and presentation
- Developing controls and procedures to ensure the integrity of financial data
- Preparation and review of AP and AR functions, accruals, general ledger account reconciliations, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts to ensure the accuracy and understandability of forecast numbers
- Efficient processing of weekly payroll of 100 + people Interpreting legislative policies
- Leading the end to end duties for the payroll functions including PAYG, super and leave accruals
- Assist in the preparation and consolidation of budgets, mid-term plans and other forecasts
- Identify and implement continual improvement initiatives related to current accounting processes and reporting.
Ideally the successful candidate will have strong commercial experience, be inquisitive, able to hit the ground running, collaborate across divisions and focused on ongoing innovation and process improvement. Someone who is always wanting more and looking for ways to add value where possible. The ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in either Accounting or Commerce
- A minimum of 3+ years' experience in a similar role
- Strong PC skills and an Excel expert who is capable with pivot tables, macros etc
- Demonstrated experience or exposure to an ERP system
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organize and prioritize demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously and set and meet deadlines.
Applications are encouraged during the Christmas & New Year period and will be addressed the week of the 8th January 2020.