- Large, diverse entertainment and hospitality group
- Dynamic environment
- Vendor & project management
The Wests Group Australia operates a multi-site portfolio of entertainment and hospitality venues across the Newcastle, Hunter Valley and Port Stephens Regions. Comprising of registered clubs, entertainment, accommodation, conference, fitness facilities and the Newcastle Knights, The Wests Group is recognised as a success story of the Region through their dynamic and innovative approach.
The role & required experience
The Information Systems (IS) Manager is based at the Group's Newcastle corporate office. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the successful candidate will be the sole IT role within the Group. The position involves working with key stakeholders internally as well as external vendors to problem solve and improve efficiencies within their IT systems. This position combines addressing immediate needs relating to "business as usual" IT requirements, as well as providing guidance to the long-term IT infrastructure strategy.
Candidates must have extensive experience in the following areas:
- A demonstrated track record in successfully bridging the gap between technology and business teams and stakeholders, producing tangible and actionable insights and recommendations, presenting to senior stakeholders in appropriate language and formats
- Senior level experience with IS infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management and policy development
- Demonstrated ability in applying best practice IS solutions to business challenges
- IS project management of a large diverse organisation
- On-call availability and preparedness to travel regularly between locations.
This is quite a diverse IT position focused both on vendor management and integrating systems projects whilst also having a strong understanding of the network and infrastructure of the Group. Your ability to use your discretion on when to demonstrate a 'hands on' approach verse utilising vendor resources will be a key responsibility.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion about this position, please call Ali Kimmorley or Sare Simeonov on 02 4929 1666 or apply now by including your cover letter and resume.