- Large and complex supply chain operations.
- Identify trends, improvement opportunities & propose innovative solutions.
- Fun, social and vibrant modern office with free parking.
The Hunter Valley Coal Chain Coordinator (HVCCC) is a member funded, independent organisation that is uniquely placed to have a complete helicopter view of the entire Hunter Valley Coal Chain. Their plan is to co-ordinate the co-operative daily operation and long-term capacity alignment of the Hunter Valley Coal Chain. HVCCC provides members with insights, advice and analysis to improve efficiency and maximise their value from the shared infrastructure.
The role & required experience
Based in their modern office at Broadmeadow the Information Analyst will drive the reporting and data analysis function to identify trends and improvement opportunities based on understanding the Hunter Valley Coal Chain & HVCCC's systems and processes. Reporting to the Customer Insights Lead the role will also propose innovative solutions to improve the data analysis by taking a 'forward thinking' implementation approach. The Information Analyst will also collaborate with key stakeholders and business unit leads to problem solve data, planning and scheduling anomalies impacting performance information. Engaging with member representatives of key stakeholders within the Hunter Valley Coal Chain the successful applicant will be instrumental in defining requirements for analysis to meet a defined outcome.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience with Business Intelligence, analytics, modelling and forecasting.
- Knowledge of structured data such as, entities, classes, hierarchies, relationships and metadata.
- High level of computer literacy; sound working knowledge of all relevant software programs (MS Excel, SQL, Microstrategy, Python).
- Tertiary qualifications in statistics, mathematics, business, information technology or an equivalent degree or supply chain equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role, working in a complex and challenging environment.
- Knowledge of database management system (DBMS) physical implementation.
- Ability to combine data from multiple sources when needed for the analysis.
This is an exciting opportunity to be instrumental in adding value and direction to a billion-dollar industry that is unique on the world stage. The successful applicant will be offered a competitive package, short term incentive plan and ongoing professional development.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion about this position, please call Sare Simeonov on 02 4927 2010 or apply now by including your cover letter and resume.