- One-of-a-kind opportunity for a passionate engineer to join the Australian Space industry
- Space technology company at the forefront of electric propulsion development
- Permanent role based in Adelaide, working in a multi-disciplinary team
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of the fast-growing Australian Space Industry?
Neumann Space is a space technology company based in Adelaide, South Australia, on the now famous Lot Fourteen site, home of the Australian Space Agency and numerous other companies and start-ups - they are currently engineering their innovative and patented plasma technology into an electric propulsion system for satellites.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering you will assist in developing their state-of-the-art prototype into a market ready product. Your responsibilities will include design, test, monitoring, optimisation and integration of electronic components in connection with product development and delivery. Additionally, you will be responsible for capturing the IP, methodically documenting the knowledge and technical specifications. It is an exciting time as you will also be closely involved with the SpIRIT mission - launching a 6U cubesat by end of 2022. You must be ready to think fast and work fast!
The ideal person:
The team is looking for someone that is a "hands-on" engineer. Space technology development is an international race and Neumann Space must be fast and agile. In a small multi-disciplinary team, we are not looking for passengers but for exceptionally driven candidates who want to leave their mark. You will fit into this environment if you are entrepreneurial, self-motivated, hands-on with a can-do attitude.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Electronic)
- At least a minimum of 4 years' experience in advanced electronics prototyping and testing, ideally with knowledge of vacuum electronics and space hardware development.
- High level of expertise in analogue circuit development, specifically in switching power supplies
- Experience in Altium or KiCad Schematic and PCB software
- Experience in LTSpice Simulation
- Capacity to flourish in an environment of rapid change and high ambiguity
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- High order communication skills ( written, verbal and report writing)
- Clear sense of ownership and integrity, self-driven and committed to success
Previous experience with any satellite development will be a plus, as well as an understanding of plasma physics.
Only Australian Citizens and permanent residents will be considered for this role
To learn more please contact Wendy Donovan via firstname.lastname@example.org for a full information pack, or call 02 4927 2015 for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, you can apply by clicking "apply for this job" - please submit your CV and covering letter highlighting your skills for this role.