Our client is heavily involved in the delivery of road, bridge and traffic infrastructure and maintenance projects. Due to a current growth phase, they are seeking an experienced Civil Project Manager/Engineer with proven industry experience to join their team initially for a 4 - 6 month period to be working on projects that are scheduled for a completion in 2019.
As Civil Project Manager/Engineer, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Managing the project and delivery process including the delivery of contract works.
- Managing the investigation and design process by developing project briefs and cost estimates, procuring and overseeing service providers, and monitoring and reviewing ongoing work programs to make effective use of resources and deliver agreed objectives.
- Implementing effective cost management systems to ensure effective financial management of projects.
- Preparing contract documents for bridge and road works projects including technical specifications to engage, administer and deliver contract works and ensure efficient project delivery.
- Effectively managing staff, provide training and career development opportunities and foster teamwork to support the development of a motivated, skilled, innovative and continuously improving workforce.
To be considered for the position the following skills and experience are required:
- Knowledge of project and contract management principles and the ability to manage the delivery of road, bridge or traffic infrastructure or maintenance projects and contracts to achieve time, cost, quality, safety and environmental objectives
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, tender, award and manage contracts
- Formal qualifications in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability in oral and written communication
- Proven ability to effectively manage and motivate direct control resources within the bounds of relevant industrial awards and agreements.
If you thrive on working in a team environment and have a proven record of delivering projects on time please click APPLY or call Ali Kimmorley on 02 4929 1666 for a confidential discussion.