Harbord Bowling and Recreation Club is a medium sized freehold Bowling Club located on the Northern Beaches of Sydney. The Club has been established for 68 years and has a reputation of strong ties to the local community.
The primary focus of the Club is the promotion of competitive and social lawn bowls and providing the best playing greens in the district. The existing operation is not broken but does need a leader to drive greater utilisation of the Club assets.
With a turnover of $2 million and a membership base of approximately 2,000 bowling and social members, an opportunity exists for the right person to manage and grow the membership base, deliver improved financial performance and attract a broader range of members to the Club.
Supported by a progressive Board, the role is suited to a person with the drive and ambition to take a hands-on approach to managing the Club and implementing successful outcomes that meet the vision and expectations of the Board.
We are seeking an experienced Manager who can demonstrate their ability to lead a venue, develop solid community relationships and drive visitation. A focus on developing people, engaging all stakeholders, creatively growing the business and exceeding targets are essential skills for this role.
To be appointed to this position it is essential that you can also demonstrate:
- Experience developing and working to a strategic plan, developing budgets and ensuring KPIs are exceeded
- Leadership from the front, ensuring customer service is a team priority
- An ability to lead and develop a team who share your drive to succeed
- A creative approach to marketing a business to increase patronage and visitor frequency
- Previous experience developing policies and procedures across all operational areas of a venue
- The ability to build community and commercial relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
- Solid financial knowledge to develop and analyse P&L statements and report on the Club's financial performance to the Board
- Knowledge of how to ensure the Club provides services appropriate to a broad range of members
- A communication style which enables you to influence people across all levels of the organisation and external stakeholders.
Candidates from the Club industry, hotel industry and broader hospitality industry are encouraged to apply. Those in a management position with a large organisation who are searching for greater autonomy will see this as an opportunity to take genuine ownership.
A competitive salary will be offered based on skills and experience. The Board will also work with the successful candidate on a KPI incentive program to reward strong performance.
To be considered for the position apply now sending your resume and cover letter or call Ali Kimmorley on 02 4927 2006 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close Monday 10th October 2016.