- Bring your corporate experience to world class medical research
- Be the champion of both brand and content
- Join a dynamic, fast paced, collaborative team
About the organisation
The mission of Hunter Medical Research Institute (HMRI) is to improve the health and wellbeing of the community by undertaking world-class research, from discovery to applied, in collaboration with their partners, the University of Newcastle, Hunter New England Local Health District and the Community.
HMRI was established in 1998 and, in 2012, opened the doors of their world class research facility they call home, which adjoins John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle.
As the world evolves, so too, does HMRI, and we are now at the exciting next phase of our journey towards being global leaders in the effective and efficient translation of health and medical research to develop high-value health solutions.
As part of the implementation of HMRI's current strategic plan, a recent organisational redesign has resulted in the creation of a number of new positions for which we are now recruiting. Each position will be fixed term contract until 30 September 2022 based on the current funding model.
The new organisational structure will enable HMRI to continue to build on collaboration and efficiency, and to focus on activities and projects of greatest value to delivering vital life-changing health and medical research.
About this role
The Brand and Content Specialist will be the brand guardian for HMRI, responsible for building and maintaining HMRI's visual and creative content identity and brand position. As an integral member of the Marketing Team, the role is responsible for designing and delivering strong and compelling creative content campaigns and initiatives aligned to the Marketing strategy and HMRI's overarching strategy.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and in collaboration with partners, and key internal and external stakeholders , this role will be responsible for all things brand and content, both digital and traditional.
This position will require well-developed skills in writing and story-telling with the hands-on ability to design and create awesome content in a variety of mediums including video. To be successful in this role you will be a natural collaborator with a strategic mindset and the ability to build strong communications for proposals, pitches and presentations. The role will require high-level organisational and project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Previous experience and skills we are seeking include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Communications or a related discipline
- Substantial experience working in brand and content development in a similar environment
- Proven experience in coordinating and implementing successful brand and content initiatives from brief to implementation
- High-level interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively build sustainable and successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders and leverage networks to secure outcomes
- Demonstrated experience drafting high-quality corporate messaging and documentation including an effective writing style with proven ability to tailor messages for different audiences.
- Ability to write, create briefs and project plans quickly and accurately with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work co-operatively, to accomplish joint tasks, build positive working relationships, and work as an effective and highly-functioning member of a team
- Advanced computer skills across Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, Microsoft Office suite and strong aptitude to adopt and utilise cloud-based platforms for project and contact management (i.e. Monday.com and HubSpot)
How to apply
To access a success profile pack including position description and essential criteria, please click here.
Applications should include cover letter addressing the criteria and CV. Confidential enquiries can be made to Wendy Donovan on 0249 291666. Applications for this position close Midnight Sunday 27th September 2020.