The Northern NSW Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service is a not-for-profit organisation providing world class aeromedical, search and rescue services, free of charge to those in need 24/7. The Service has more than 40 years of proud history, and now operates from three bases in NSW (Tamworth, Belmont, Lismore) in addition to a Head Office and aircraft maintenance facility based in Broadmeadow NSW.
The Service is seeking to recruit an experienced Training and Checking Pilot to work out of one of its three bases. You must be approved by CASA to conduct proficiency checks, line checks and checking crewmember proficiency in the execution of emergency procedures. You will also be responsible for completing and filing training and checking documentation.
Reporting to the Head of Training and Checking/Chief Pilot, the key position accountabilities and responsibilities are:
- Ensuring competency standards are maintained for all aspects of ground training and flight training in accordance with Company, CASA and Ministry of Health requirements.
- Adhering to all WRHS & CASA stipulated Policies and Procedures and proactively seeking continuous improvement within this scope.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of Aviation Regulations.
- Assisting the team where applicable to achieve aircraft availability target and aircraft response times in accordance with Ambulance NSW contract requirements.
- Being proactive in looking for opportunities to assist others both within the WRHS and the local community.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- CASA ATPL (H)
- Class 1 Civil Aviation Medical Certificate
- Helicopter Flight Instructor Rating with any multi-engine type training endorsement, or CAR 217 multi-engine Training and Checking approvals
- Hold, or have previously held, Flight Examiner (or CASR 61.040) privileges for the conduct of NVIS and/or Instrument Proficiency Checks
- AQF Certificate IV in Work Place Training & Assessment (or equivalent)
- Be willing to conduct Simulator Training and Checking
- AW139 Type Rating with 500 hrs PIC
- 2500 hrs PIC rotary wing
- 1500 hrs PIC turbine
- 100 hrs PIC IFR rotary wing
- 50 hrs PIC NVG rotary wing
- Low Level Rating with Winch Endorsement
- Helicopter Command experience in a variety of operations
- Dangerous Goods Training and HUET certificates desirable
- EMS/SAR experience desirable
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
The successful candidate will be required to live within one hour of the agreed Base.
A salary package will be determined in accordance with the Company's Registered Enterprise Agreement which you can request a copy of from Katharine Houston of peoplefusion email@example.com
You will need to have the right to work in Australia and be prepared to complete a psychometric assessment, Working with Children Check and National Police History Check, and pass a pre-employment medical if successful.
Apply now providing a current CV and covering letter outlining your experience in accordance with the essentials stated above. Applications close Friday 26 October 2018. If you require further information a confidential discussion can be had with Chris Anderson on 02 4927 2009.
Due to operational demands calls and emails cannot be accepted at the WRHS Base.