Our client Newcastle Coal Infrastructure Group Pty Limited (NCIG) owns and operates one of Australia's major coal export terminals with proximate rail, coal storage, ship loading facilities and associated infrastructure. NCIG is a progressive and innovative company with modern facilities and state of the art equipment. They have a vibrant and inclusive workforce and an excellent safety performance record. A high performing team that is committed to delivering results, enjoying a dynamic work environment that is both challenging and rewarding.
We are looking for a highly motivated Technical Business Analyst to join the NCIG team on an 18 Month Fixed Term Contract.
About the role
Reporting to the Business Systems Manager, the Technical Business Analyst will work with key stakeholders to identify and document business and user requirements, prioritise system developments, provide technical documentation and support to project teams in the production and deployment of new systems and enhancements.
Key accountabilities will include but are not limited:
- Providing technical advice on business process improvements to maximise value, minimise risk and provide predictable outcomes
- Working closely with key internal stakeholders to develop user requirements for system development or enhancements
- Proactively researching and recommending products, services and procedures that could enhance the operational efficiency and client experience
- Ensuring a risk-based approach is adopted during system / architecture design, development and support activities which is auditable and demonstrates due diligence
- Prioritising requirements to ensure that they are delivering value in line with key business outcomes
- Working with external or internal development teams on the delivery of systems (preferably using Agile methodology)
- Create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyse results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes.
Ideally the successful candidate will have formal qualifications in Information Technology/Systems Engineering or a related discipline as well as demonstrated business analysis experience, excellent workflow, documentation, and process mapping skills.
To be successful, you will have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with demonstrated experience in troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques. You will be highly motivated, results driven, and have well developed business acumen. You will be customer service focused, a great communicator with the ability to build rapport across all areas of the business.
To learn more about the key responsibilities, company culture and associated benefits of this opportunity, please contact Sare Simeonov on 02 4927 2010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, you can apply by clicking "apply for this job" to submit your covering letter and CV.
Applicants are encouraged to apply promptly as the recruitment process will commence immediately.