Launch your career within a company which is revolutionising businesses across the globe with its safer, simpler and smarter technology. Servicing a range of clients in various industries including mining and agriculture, our client is a leading multinational business parented in the USA with a large international network of manufacturing, sales and service businesses.
Due to maternity leave cover, a unique opportunity has become available for a Purchasing Assistant to join the team for 12 months on a contract basis. Reporting to the Supply Chain Specialist your role will be integral in supporting the Purchasing Coordinator and the wider team during what is an exciting growth period for the organisation. For the right candidate this growth could also lead to a more long term career opportunity beyond 12 months!
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Processing supplier purchase orders and checking details against invoices
- Co-ordinating and following up with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery
- Liaising with internal departments regarding orders and stock issues
- Entering supplier pricing into the ERP (Epicor)
- Assisting with request for quotes and estimating
- Liaising with warehouse re deliveries, receipts, stock counts
- General administration duties and data entry (including Reception relief)
Our ideal candidate will have a natural flair for communication and be able to maintain a high level of professional communication with all stakeholders. They will have strong attention to detail and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and confidently work in a fast-paced logistical environment. Previous experience in purchasing and in utilising an ERP system will be highly regarded.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to gain experience within a well-established, rapidly growing, global organisation. Interested? Click 'Apply' to submit your CV and cover letter or for more information about the role, contact Amy King on 02 4929 1666.