- Permanent position
- New role to the business
- 20 minutes from Singleton, NSW
Our client is one of the leading integrated energy Companies in Australia. For almost 180 years, they have been at the forefront of energy innovation in Australia.
The newly created position of Statutory Electrical Engineer is responsible for:
- Acting as the principal lead and technical expert in the management of the Power Stations electrical safety and compliance program.
- Undertaking and managing a comprehensive auditing function of electrical work conducted on site.
- Communicating electrical safety across the organisation and foster and develop a culture based on openness, networking, and teamwork in the electrical disciplines.
- Investigation of electrical safety related incidents.
- Ensuring compliance of new and existing electrical installations and equipment used on site.
- Developing and communicating a contractor electrical safety plan.
- Contributing to asset management functions of nominated plant assets and associated systems.
- Joint responsibility for monitoring routine performance, condition and expenditure of nominated plant assets and associated systems.
To be considered for the position, we are seeking the following:
- Electrical Engineering Degree (HV Major) with Chartered Professional Engineer status (or able to get Chartered status within 3 months) with extensive experience in engineering & maintenance in a large power industrial environment.
- Experience in a similar position within mining or power stations.
- Strong understanding of WHS regulations and legislation.
- Strong understanding of electrical safety standards, codes of practice and other relevant standards and procedures.
- Strong commitment to workplace health, safety, and environment
To discuss the position in further detail, please contact Ali Kimmorley of peoplefusion on 0249 29 1666 or click 'apply now'.