- Join a collaborative team on the cusp of an exciting stage of growth
- Bring your genuine passion for SMSF to the role
Our client is an independent SMSF administrator and educator on a mission to improve savings and retirement outcomes for Australians. They provide compliance, taxation, accounting and transactional administration to trustees and their advisers as they manage their retirement nest egg via an SMSF. Continued success has resulted in the need for a SMSF Accountant to join their team.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the SMSF Accountant is responsible for understanding the organisation's existing client base and employing technical knowledge to provide solutions with exceptional service. Sitting as a Senior member of the divisional team, the role is also responsible for managing approximately 4,000 funds. Having designed and implemented an industry-leading SMSF platform, the business is currently undergoing an exciting brand refresh as it heads toward a period of growth.
As the successful SMSF Accountant, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Managing assigned financial statements and tax returns within a sub-set of the accounting team
- Driving productivity, mentoring and supporting team members
- Accurately preparing and reviewing financial reports, schedules and year-end accounts
- Maintaining and promoting high standards of service, compliance, data integrity and compliance
- Lodging statutory documents including financial accounts and annual activity statements ahead of time
- Preparing pension schedules
- Reviewing technology, processes and procedures for continual improvement
To be considered for this role you will demonstrate:
- Demonstrated SMSF end-to-end exposure
- Demonstrated ability to develop and nurture client relationships with a focus on solution
- Ownership and accountability for individual performance outcomes
- High attention to detail
- Motivation and drive to achieve deadlines and work effectively to agreed completion targets
- Continual improvement mentality to achieve better, faster results for clients
- Strong problem-solving abilities and intuition
- Mentoring skills to support cross-skilling and optimise strengths within the team
- The ability to adapt and change readily, in line with changing products and markets
Technical testing will be conducted as part of the interview process. To learn more please contact Sare Simeonov on 02 4927 2010 for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, you can apply by clicking "apply for this job" - please submit your CV and covering letter highlighting your skills for this role.