- Newly-created permanent role based in Broadmeadow
- Contribute to the improvement of the Hunter Valley rail
- Attractive salary + super + bonus
As Signals Program Manager you will play an instrumental role in developing the capacity of the Hunter Valley rail network, which is an integral part of the world's largest coal export supply chain.
Our client, who provides this network, has several major strategic projects in the pipeline and has created this permanent position to manage the overall development and delivery of the program of signalling projects.
To succeed in this role, you will be able develop and manage a program of projects, with a good eye for planning and a focus on delivery. You will have a sound ability to lead and influence your team of project staff, as well as to effectively build relationships with a range of stakeholders internally and externally. Reporting to the Manager Major Projects, you will be based in Broadmeadow and required to travel to various locations in the Hunter Valley region.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Leading the implementation of the Hunter Valley Capacity Strategy by directing signalling projects, or signalling aspects of discrete projects, ensuring compliance with safety and rail accreditation
- Responsibility for signalling aspects of a suite of projects including development, scopes, costs, schedules, written submissions, safety, environmental impacts, reliability and maintainability, from strategy through to handover
- Leading and managing a team of Project Managers, Engineers, Commissioning Manager, Administrators, Consultants, and Contractors.
- Managing and developing key stakeholder relationships both internal and external.
- Negotiating with external contractors and consultants to ensure work is prioritised and delivered on time to appropriate costs and quality
- Effectively report on a suite of projects including progress, risks, barriers, budget and forecasts through a variety of mediums including regular written reports, meetings and executive briefings.
Essential selection criteria:
- Degree in electrical, mechatronics engineering, or equivalent qualifications
- At least 8 years' experience in signalling construction and/or maintenance
- Knowledge of rail safety management and WH&S principles, and an ability to implement these principles
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in the management of major projects; demonstrated cost, budget and time management of a suite of projects
- Extensive experience in tendering and negotiation of contracts of varying complexities A sound ability, and extensive experience liaising and negotiating with external and internal stakeholders
- Highly developed problem resolution and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to plan and organise
- Highly developed written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated commercial acumen, being able to build the business case
- Current Driver Licence - Class C.
This is a great opportunity for a results-oriented leader who enjoys the challenge of coordinating a large range of projects and stakeholders to ensure work is delivered on time, to appropriate cost and quality standards.
The remuneration package will be negotiated based on experience. A copy of the full position description is available on request. Contact Wendy Donovan 02 4927 2015 for a confidential discussion.
When applying please submit your current CV and covering letter addressing the above criteria by COB Thursday 31st January 2019.