- Permanent role based in Broadmeadow
- Contribute to the safety and maintenance of the Hunter Valley rail
- Attractive salary + super + bonus
As Signal Maintenance Engineer you will play an instrumental role in maintaining the quality and compliance of the Hunter Valley rail network, which is an integral part of the world's largest coal export supply chain. Your primary objective would be to organise and conduct inspections, testing, maintenance and minor renewal activities to ensure the operational availability and integrity of the signalling infrastructure, as well as to ensure operational safety.
Reporting to the Senior Signals and Systems Engineer, you would be part of a cohesive team based in Broadmeadow, with responsibilities to maintain the broader Maitland area, typically requiring 60% of your activity being out in the field.
To succeed in this role, you will build positive work relationships with internal and external stakeholders, having a mindset of information sharing and teamwork. Additionally, you will have a safety and quality orientation taking the initiative to proactively identify potential problems and risks, and then provide and implement innovative solutions.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Management of signalling maintenance services provisions in maintenance contracts, such as third party Signal Maintenance, interface agreements, new connections.
- Provide technical support to asset management teams to maximise the safety and availability of the signalling systems.
- Undertake analysis of signalling related Train Control Reports (TCRs) and other data and provide remedial actions to address any negative signalling performance trends.
- Management and supervision of a programme of engineering checks, tests and inspections as nominated in the various maintenance plans and Signalling Standards
- Investigation and reporting of major incidents, recurring faults, SPAD and failure trends including root cause analysis.
- Analysis of asset condition and development of suitable Major Periodic Maintenance (MPM) programs and submissions.
- Participate in internal and external audits as required while providing technical support to the field teams and assist with audit close outs
Essential selection criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent technical expertise and knowledge relating to signalling infrastructure and systems.
- 5 years' experience in signalling maintenance management with a sound knowledge of standards for signalling infrastructure including the railway Code of Practice.
- Knowledge of managing rail safety.
- Proven problem resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage staff through planning and organising personnel and resources.
- Proven ability to mentor team members in a range of technical skills, including the application of standards, procedures in relation to Signalling Maintenance and incident investigations.
- Minimum Protection Officer 1
- Drivers Licence - Class C
The remuneration package will be negotiated based on experience. A copy of the full position description is available on request. Please contact Wendy Donovan on 02 4927 2015 for a confidential discussion or apply by submitting a current CV and covering letter addressing the above criteria by COB 30 January 2019.