Our client is a well-respected Not-for-Profit organisation who require the assistance of an experienced Senior Payroll Officer on a full-time, casual on hire basis for approximately six months. This is a fantastic opportunity to take charge of your career and contribute to the payroll function of this successful organisation that truly makes a difference in the wider community.
As the Senior Payroll Officer, you will be hands on with processing however, your focus will be on reviewing workflow processes, supervision of the payroll team, auditing and compliance. You will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills along with a customer service focus.
The key responsibilities of the position include:
- Full function payroll using a large payroll system
- Generate and reconcile fortnightly and monthly payroll reports.
- Providing advice and support to management and staff on payroll and salary packaging related matters
- Ensuring all relevant awards and employment contract are adhered to
- Calculating leave and termination payment
- Processing of superannuation, payroll tax and worker's compensation, etc.
- Maintain employee Master Data records
- Leading and supervising payroll teams and related projects
- Management reporting requirements
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated payroll processing experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Business or relevant experience and skills to undertake this position.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a lead role, managing full function payroll
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders in a high volume, high value environment
- Advanced experience in Excel
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, manage priorities, and identify and deal with internal issues when they arise
If you are passionate about the challenge of leading a busy team through an exciting period of change click "Apply now" or for further information, contact Danielle Muller or Amy King on 4929 1666