- Lower Hunter Valley
- Local Government role
- Attractive salary and vehicle
Our client, a local Hunter Valley Council is seeking a Senior Development Engineer to join their team in this newly created role. The ideal candidate will be a highly experienced and dynamic senior engineer who will contribute to providing professional advice relating to development and subdivisions within the Council area.
The primary functions of this role are:
- Assess Development Applications, Section 96 and 82A Applications; and assess and determine Civil Construction Certificates, Subdivision Certificates and S.138 Road Act Applications.
- Provide detailed written and verbal advice regarding engineering assessment and Council's plans and policies.
- Inspect and ensure compliance of civil works undertaken by developers.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree qualifications in civil engineering, or other relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Sound working knowledge of on-site stormwater detention, hydrology and hydraulics, flooding, road and drainage design, traffic engineering, and geotechnical principles.
- Relevant experience in development and subdivision assessment including the interpretation of related controls, legislation and policies.
- A thorough understanding of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, Local Government Act 1993, Roads Act 1993, and associated Regulations.
This is a permanent position, applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as this position is available to commence soon. For a confidential discussion, please call Chris Anderson on (02) 4929 1666 or apply now.