Revolutionising businesses across the globe with its safer, simpler and smarter technology in various mining industries, our client is a leading multinational business parented in the USA with a large international network of manufacturing, sales and service businesses. The company has an excellent reputation for providing value-added engineering services that solve individual customer and site problems above expectations. They currently have an excellent opportunity for a newly created role as Senior Accountant to join their team.
About the role
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the purpose of this hands-on role is to provide accurate and timely accounting, analysis and reporting support while ensuring integrity of information systems and compliance with accounting procedures and legislative requirements. The role has direct responsibility for the Australian ledger, assisting with global reporting and analysis requirements, and direct report responsibilities.
Day to day you will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Preparation and consolidation of both Australian and International data for the end of month reporting process
- Developing controls and procedures to ensure the integrity of financial data
- Preparation and review of general ledger account reconciliations, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts to ensure the accuracy and understandability of forecast numbers
- Mentoring and guiding the finance team throughout the financial reporting process and commercial accounting requirements
- Management of all internal and external audit requirements and ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested
- Administration and reconciliation of fixed assets
- Assisting with preparation and consolidation of budgets, mid-term plans and other forecasts
- Assisting with preparation and submission of CAPEX applications, forecasts and budgets
- Identifying and implementing continual improvement initiatives related to current accounting processes and reporting
- Overall support and assistance to the finance team.
Ideally the successful candidate will have strong commercial experience, leadership exposure, an inquisitive nature and the ability to hit the ground running. Additionally, the ability to collaborate across divisions and focus on ongoing innovation and process improvement. Someone who is always wanting more and looking for ways to add value where possible. The ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in either Accounting or Commerce
- CA/CPA designation preferred
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience in a similar role
- Strong PC skills and an Excel expert who is capable with pivot tables, macros etc
- Demonstrated experience or exposure to an ERP system
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to prioritise competing demands within a fast-paced environment.
To learn more about the key responsibilities, company culture and associated benefits of this opportunity, please contact Sare Simeonov on 02 4927 2010 or email email@example.com for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, you can apply by clicking "apply for this job" to submit your covering letter and CV. Applicants are encouraged to apply promptly as the recruitment process will commence immediately.