Hunter Valley Grammar School (HVGS) has been offering Excellence in Education since 1990 and is the only IB PYP School north of Sydney. Located at East Maitland in the lower Hunter Valley, NSW, two hours north of Sydney and 30 minutes west of Newcastle, HVGS is independent and coeducational, catering for students from Preschool to Year 12. The School boasts outstanding facilities covering 32 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds.
The School is seeking to appoint a Registered Nurse to commence on Monday 14 January 2019. This is a part-time position, for 39 weeks per year, during school term times. The hours are from 8.30am - 3.30pm Monday to Friday, however, these hours may vary from time to time to support activities such as excursions and school camps.
Reporting to the Compliance Manager, the role is responsible for five key areas:
- Student Health Information
- Medical Treatment
- Medical Emergency Management
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Registration with AHPRA
- Relevant experience working as a Registered Nurse
- Bachelor of Nursing from an Australian University
- A current Working with Children Check (or willingness to obtain one)
- Quality references from current/previous employers testifying to your capacity to do the job
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- A commitment to the School's ethos and values.
HVGS makes significant investments in the professional development of its staff and the successful applicant can expect to grow as a Nurse.
Salary and conditions will be negotiated based upon experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are encouraged to request a full job description by contacting Sally Bartley on 02 4929 1666 or email@example.com. Applications must include a current CV and covering letter addressing the selection criteria and be received by COB Friday 19 October 2018.