The Northern NSW Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service is a not-for-profit organisation providing world class aeromedical, search and rescue services, free of charge to those in need 24/7. The Service has more than 40 years of proud history, and now operates from three bases in NSW (Tamworth, Belmont, Lismore) in addition to a Head Office and aircraft maintenance facility based in Broadmeadow NSW.
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Service in the role of RTO Coordinator where you will be responsible for effectively coordinating, administering and reviewing all training activities associated with the RTO to ensure that staff and external stakeholders have the capability and qualifications to perform their roles to the required standard. You will provide governance to ensure that activities meet RTO and ASQA requirements.
This role will be based at Broadmeadow and report to the Training and Development Specialist. Relevant qualifications and experience in an RTO role is essential; previous Aviation experience will be highly regarded although is not essential.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- In consultation with key stakeholders, maintain an annual training plan for RTO training programs that meets contract and organisational requirements.
- Coordinate RTO training programs including booking venues, equipment, allocating trainers.
- Perform all student registration activities e.g. communicating with students, issuing e-learning, information packs.
- In consultation with key stakeholders update training resource kits as required to ensure internal relevancy and compliance with RTO standards.
- Develop other Company training programs and conduct training to staff and external stakeholders as required.
- Conduct internal audits in accordance with the agreed audit schedule to ensure AQF Compliance.
- Ensure all RTO training processes are administered to in accordance with ASQA requirements.
- Complete RTO documentation in order to generate AQF qualifications.
- Produce reports and monitor recencies in accordance with Company and RTO standards.
- Evaluate training programs to assess effectiveness, achievement of objectives and quality of training and resources.
To succeed in this role you will:
- Demonstrate relevant education and training qualifications including Cert IV in Training and Assessment.
- Possess solid experience working in an RTO in a training administration/coordination role.
- Hold a current NSW Driver Licence.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of competency-based training concepts and principles, assessment standards, AQF, VET and RTO processes.
- Demonstrate excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills, adapting your style to fit the context.
- Perform the role in a manner that supports the Company's Strategic Plan and Our Values.
- First Aid Trainer qualifications desirable.
Click "Apply" to submit your application include your CV and a cover letter addressing the above criteria, or call Sally Bartley or Wendy Donovan on 02 4929 1666 for a confidential discussion. Applications close COB 4th May 2018
Due to operational demands calls and emails cannot be accepted at the WRHS Base.