Join a high-respected firm with an enviable reputation for providing great professional development opportunities, a supportive work environment and a genuine appreciation that there's more to life than work.
Based in Newcastle, this is a great opportunity for an experienced Property Lawyer to work in your selected field 4 days per week and gain some work-life balance. You will bring strong commercial awareness to the role, superior drafting skills, as well as a practical can-do attitude when it comes to client advice and satisfaction.
The firm practices across commercial, property, estate planning, employment law, litigation and debt recovery, wills and probate and its Directors have built a solid and varied client base through their strong community focus and fresh approach to providing timely and straight-forward legal services.
Established skills required to meet the key responsibilities of this role include:
- Manage a personal portfolio of residential and commercial property matters from initial instruction through to completion - ranging from residential conveyancing through to commercial property developments and sub-division.
- Draft legal correspondence and documentation such as leases, property acquisition and disposals, residential development contracts, joint venture agreements and commercial development agreements.
- Provide general commercial property advice and legislative interpretation.
- Provide advice on financial and security documents linked to property transactions.
- Conduct due diligence on potential purchases.
- Liaise with councils, banks, planning bodies and other financial institutions.
Proven experience in providing quality advice to clients with diverse property related matters is a priority for our client. Your ability to respond within tight frames whilst demonstrating excellent problem solving skills will be well appreciated.
Commercial awareness and the ability to work effectively with clients to achieve desired outcomes is what the team does best! You will be supported by dynamic Directors and support team, and enjoy considerable benefits such as an Educational Assistance Program, CPD, car parking and a strong social culture. The energy of the team is infectious and this is your opportunity to be part of their continued growth and recognition as a leading firm in Newcastle!
To register your interest please click "APPLY" and submit a current version of your CV and a covering letter addressing the criteria. Confidential discussions regarding this position can be directed to Sally Bartley or Ali Kimmorley of peoplefusion on 02 4929 1666.