The Wests Group is known as a leader in their industry. The Group has multiple business units with high volume sales and they are focused on keeping their enviable reputation! They are innovative, keep their customers engaged and are known for the contribution they make to the community.
The newly created position of Procurement Officer, working closely with the CFO, will lead the review and development of a range of procurement processes to ensure best practice is being followed. Your knowledge of end-to-end procurement systems and processes will be essential in delivering the required improvements.
A key focus is to ensure the Group is receiving quality products and services at fair market rates that deliver the commercial outcomes required for each business unit. You will analyse existing supplier agreements, current market options and establish quotation guidelines for various maintenance, products and services the business requires. Your inquisitive nature will enable you to quickly identify the key areas for review that will return the most value to the business.
Your previous procurement experience will involve dealing with the purchase of multiple smaller items, consumables and various services (ideally maintenance related). You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience preparing and reviewing supplier agreements to ensure value for money and high levels of service are received
- Your knowledge of developing procurement documentation including procurement plans, schedules and tender processes
- A hands-on approach to knowing the business, its operations and ideally have exposure to maintenance service procurement
- Best practice procurement knowledge particularly when it comes to CAPEX items
- Previous experience managing stock control and identifying discrepancies will be highly regarded
- Sound knowledge of integrated procurement systems (ideally having worked on the implementation or upgrade of a system).
This is a role where you can really make it your own! Newly created roles at this level don't come along often especially those where you can be involved in a large organisation that is undergoing constant improvement programs.
This position is available now. We encourage applicants to apply immediately as the successful candidate will commence as soon as they are available. Please provide resume and cover letter with your application.
For a confidential discussion please call Chris Anderson or Ali Kimmorley on 02 4929 1666.
Applications close on Thursday 20th September 2018.