Our client is an award-winning mid-tier accounting and business advisory firm with a diverse client base and access to a national and global network. The team are currently seeking a Payroll Officer to join the Newcastle office for a maternity leave contract until March 2021.
The purpose of the role is to provide efficient and accurate payroll processing internally for the business, and externally for clients. As an integral member of the divisional team, your ability to take ownership of the payroll function is essential for success in this role.
Day to day, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Correctly interpreting and entering data provided from clients in an effective manner
- Interpreting legislative policies in an accurate manner, ensuring all minimum standards are being met at all times
- Processing the payroll by the nominated deadline
- Making payments using an ABA file through the nominated bank account where specified, by the appropriate deadline
- Sending payslips within 24 hours of payment being made, or within the timeframe specified by the client
- Processing accurate Superannuation and PAYG payments in line with legislation and company policies and by the appropriate deadlines
- Reviewing government legislation changes and make any necessary adjustments in line with these changes
- Producing end-of-year payment summaries by the legislated deadlines, ensuring the information is correct before being sent to employees
- Managing all leave balances in an accurate and effective manner
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Ensuring payroll reports and data is only being sent to the appropriate nominated people.
- Following all procedures to ensure the appropriate system access is maintained.
- Maintaining effective client relationships.
- Attending to client queries within an appropriate timeframe.
- Maintaining a high level of customer service with payroll clients, Prosperity employees and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Effectively understanding and tailoring the payroll processing service to meet the specific needs of individual clients.
- Attending to all payroll queries within an appropriate timeframe.
To be considered for this role you will demonstrate:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Proficient use of business/payroll software, including Xero and Preceda.
- High level written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced numeracy skills.
- Demonstrated experience in award classification and interpretation.
- Punctual and honest with attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously or within a team
In exchange for your strong payroll skills and commercial acumen, you will be rewarded with a supportive team environment that encourages a work-life balance.
To learn more please contact Sare Simeonov on 02 4927 2010 for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, you can apply by clicking "apply for this job" - please submit your CV and covering letter highlighting your skills for this role.