- 12-15 month part time contract to cover maternity leave
- Collaborative team environment
- Commencing late March/early April
peoplefusion have this exciting part time (3 days per week) opportunity working with a dynamic and innovative organisation that operates within the coal mining industry in the Newcastle area. Driven by a strong, experienced and highly commercial management team, our client employs staff that are focused, team orientated and motivated in their careers.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the responsibilities of the role are a variety of financial and management accounting functions including statutory compliance, annual budgets and business planning, financial analysis, forecasting and reporting.
Key duties include:
- Ensure compliance with tax and accounting requirements including Statutory Accounts, Income Tax, FBT, and GST
- Monitor expenditure and highlight opportunities for improvement in cost control
- Implement appropriate budgeting, planning and cost control tools to enable successful cost management
- Provide cost & statistical reporting to management
- Oversee accounts payable activities and perform payroll activities
To be considered you will need:
- Formal tertiary qualifications in accounting/commerce or related discipline
- 5 + years experience preferably within heavy industry
- Experience using an ERP system i.e. Pulse, SAP, JDE
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- A results driven work style with a commitment to continuous improvement
If you are ready to take on this challenge and love the idea of working for a well-known and dynamic organisation, apply now or call Chris Anderson on 02 4929 1666 for a confidential discussion.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as the recruitment process will commence immediately. Candidates will need to be available to work Monday-Wednesday for a 4-6 week handover period, days of work may vary after that.
Applications close Monday 12th March 2018.