- Make a difference in our community
- Leadership qualities that inspire others
- Excellent remuneration, commensurate with experience
About the organisation
Since 1977, Jenny's Place has provided crisis and transitional accommodation and support, early intervention and prevention programs, outreach support and community education to women and children experiencing domestic violence and homelessness in our local community. Their programs deliver integrated case management to assist clients to obtain and maintain safe, affordable housing and referral to appropriate wrap around services to meet individual client needs.
Jenny's Place has a vision of a community free of violence and homelessness and the Jenny's Place team are committed to supporting women and children to achieve this outcome.
About the role
The Operations Manager is responsible for the day to day running of the organisation's operations and oversees the Crisis and Transitional Accommodation, Outreach and Resource Centre programs.
The Operations Manager provides direction, leadership, and support to each program and, through team collaboration, ensures consistent, cost effective and quality service-based delivery.
The Operations Manager is responsible for preparing reports, internal auditing for compliance purposes and developing and implementing systems and processes for improved efficiencies and to meet funding requirements. This includes ensuring a safe environment for team members and women and children of Jenny's Place.
The Operations Manager promotes a community development and early intervention approach for others to follow.
Leadership skills, business acumen and positive "can do" outlook is the DNA of our Operations Manager. Additional experience for you to bring to Jenny's Place includes:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar operational management role;
- Experience working in the domestic violence or Community Services sector;
- High level of emotional maturity with proven ability to create a high performing, ethical team culture;
- Proven ability to implement, and continuously improve service delivery strategies and organisational policies and procedures;
- Proven ability to create and maintain successful relationships across diverse stakeholders as well as experience managing Government contracts;
- Demonstrable financial management skills including forecasting, budget preparation, analysing and reporting; and
- Tertiary qualifications in social or behavioural sciences or equivalent essential. Formal leadership and management qualifications are desirable.
Your excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills, particularly related to leadership and advocacy, will be a valuable addition to the positive team environment that Jenny's Place is known for.
The role is designated for a female under section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act. You will be required to have a current drivers license, Working With Children Clearance and a National Police Check.
The remuneration available, subject to candidates' experience, highlights the commitment of Jenny's Place to attract a quality Operations Manager to their organisation.
How to apply
Confidential enquiries can be made to Ali Kimmorley on 0249 27 2006. Alternatively you can request the position description by emailing email@example.com
Applications, including a CV and cover letter with an overview as to your experience relating to this position, can be submitted by clicking APPLY. Applications will be accepted until COB Thursday 1st April 2021.