- Contribute to the improvement of Hunter Valley rail
- 6-month temp role based in Broadmeadow
- Opportunity to go permanent
ARTC is a major player in the transport supply chain and economic development of Australia, with a network spanning across five states. They are proud of their continuous improvement, development and investment of the rail network across Australia to benefit our rail and freight transportation.
As Operational Data Analyst for ARTC you will be working to ensure the efficient and detailed compilation of data to reflect the operational performance across the business. In this role, you will be reporting to the Operational Business Analyst to effectively report on operational data and identify areas for further development and improvement to benefit the business operations. The ideal person will be a power user of Excel and have experience in report writing in Tableau or PowerBI.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that actual operational events across the Hunter Valley Network are accurately recorded in ARTC's data systems
- Ownership of the compilation, delivery and continuous improvement of operational performance reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Monitoring, updating and compiling operational and logistics data to provide customers with a clear overview on daily, weekly and monthly performance
- Analysis of report coal chain outputs and supporting the Business Analyst to identify potential issues or opportunities to improve network performance
- Maintaining and improving procedures for documenting the reporting processes in line with the daily, weekly and monthly reporting processes
- Supporting ARTC Project/Asset teams through the provision of relevant operational data and analysis to support agreed improvement initiatives.
Essential selection criteria:
- Demonstrated Business Analyst background
- Ability to work independently
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer proficiency using Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, and other data analyst tools
- Proven report writing/data visualisation ability - SSRS, PowerBI and /or Tableau
- Drivers Licence - Class C.
Desirable selection criteria:
- Exposure to Microsoft SQL Server databases preferred
- Familiarity with SQL
- Working knowledge of the Hunter Valley coal chain and/or rail industry.
A copy of the full position description is available on request. Contact Wendy Donovan on 02 4927 2015 for a confidential discussion or apply by submitting a current CV and covering letter addressing the above criteria by COB Friday 11th January 2019.20316