As a leading mental health specialist for more than 30 years, One Door Mental Health supports people who live with severe and persistent mental illnesses. Through One Door, people living with mental illness and their families can find innovative services and support which are now accessible through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
The role scope
The NDIS Business Manager for the Newcastle region will lead the continued evolution of One Door's services, including support coordination, one-on-one support and centre-based activities within the NDIS context. In this role, you will be given the autonomy to utilise your business innovation skills to develop an optimum mix of service offerings. These will establish a values-based differentiation that exceeds a client's expectations, meets their needs and is financially viable for the organisation.
Additionally, you will enhance One Door's reputation through positive and mutually beneficial networks and relationships with key stakeholders. You will provide direction, leadership and support to recruit and retain a skilled workforce within the NDIS context in your designated region.
Through team collaboration you will be able to create processes and systems that ensure consistent, cost effective service delivery. Your people skills, business acumen and positive outlook is the DNA of our desired Business Manager.
The experience we are seeking
- Success in planning, managing and implementing fresh ideas that have transformed an organisation within the mental health, community or disability service setting
- Minimum 5 years' experience leading teams of 10+ employees
- Competent financial management and financial modelling skills
- Well-developed self-management and organisational skills including the ability to influence and lead semi-autonomous teams
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and solutions using an outcomes (client) focus
- Excellent grasp of the NDIS and/or client-centred funding models
- Knowledge and understanding of the recovery and rehabilitation principles in the delivery of mental health services
- Sound professional links with Local Area Coordinators, NDIS Planners, government and non-government organisations (especially mental health and other NDIS-specific services), or demonstrated ability to develop them
- Tertiary qualifications in Health, Management or a related field to Diploma level or higher
- A current drivers licence and willingness to travel periodically.
To apply for this rewarding position please click 'Apply' and forward a current CV and covering letter addressing the above-mentioned criteria. Further information relating to the position can be obtained from Wendy Donovan of peoplefusion on 02 4929 1666.