- Step out of Public Practice and start your Commercial Career
- Agile, entrepreneurial and forward-thinking team
- Start to develop the budget, forecast and business improvement initiatives
Our client Liberty Steel is a thought leader and integral partner to the Australian rural, construction, and manufacturing markets. At its core is a highly integrated value-chain delivering on the green steel strategy of sustainable business, environment and community outcomes. They currently have an excellent opportunity for a Management Accountant to join their agile, entrepreneurial and forward-thinking team.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Finance as an entry level to the Commercial Analyst team, the purpose of the role is to provide divisional support across accounting, budgeting, and forecasting to meet the businesses periodic reporting requirements. Key responsibilities for the Management Accountant include but not limited to:
- Starting month end accounting functions and other support systems to accurately close out monthly results
- Manage overhead accruals and recharge allocations in line with forecasted results
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations for accounts for sign off
- Prepare and distribute monthly reporting pack for all business divisions
- Coordinate and help develop the annual budget process through the consolidation of quantitative and qualitative information for key stakeholders
- Preparation of relevant commentary and presentation documents in line with group reporting requirements
- Work closely with the Director of Finance and the wider finance team to identify and implement improvement initiatives related to current accounting processes
- Continual improvement including utilising system tools to improve reporting, identifying gaps within current reporting
Ideally the successful candidate may be in Public Practice or Business Advisory and looking for a commercial opportunity or accountants looking for career advancements in a genuine commercial analyst role. Someone who is customer focused, team oriented, accountable and results driven, as well as energetic with a positive can-do attitude is desired.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in either Accounting, Finance or Business
- CPA/CA/CFA designation or working towards
- Strong PC skills including SAP, Excel, Power BI and other Microsoft Products
- Significant experience in data analysis
- Strong communication skills (oral & written) including the ability to work in a team environment and establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organize and prioritize demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
To learn more about the key responsibilities, company culture and associated benefits of this opportunity, please contact Sare Simeonov on 02 4927 2010 or email email@example.com for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, you can apply by clicking "apply for this job" to submit your covering letter and CV.
Applicants are encouraged to apply promptly as the recruitment process will commence immediately.