The Northern NSW Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service is a not-for-profit organisation providing world class aeromedical, search and rescue services, free of charge to those in need 24/7. The Service has more than 40 years of proud history, and now operates from three bases in NSW (Tamworth, Belmont, Lismore) in addition to a Head Office and aircraft maintenance facility based in Broadmeadow NSW.
The Service is seeking to recruit a Line Pilot or a Training and Checking Pilot to work out of Belmont. In this role you will achieve aircraft availability targets and aircraft response times in accordance with NSW Ambulance contract requirements, adhere to all WRHS & CASA stipulated Policies and Procedures and actively participate in seeking continuous improvement.
We are looking for an experienced Line Pilot to join the team permanently to be based out of Belmont. The successful candidate will be a team player with a flexible approach and a commitment to safety and quality. The organisation works to an agreed 4 on 4 off roster which consists of 2 days and 2 nights.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have the following qualifications and experience:
- CASA ATPL (H)
- Class 1 Civil Aviation Medical Certificate.
- AW139 Type Rating
- 2000 hrs PIC rotary wing
- 1500 hrs PIC turbine
- 500 hrs PIC multi-engine rotary wing
- 100 hrs PIC IFR rotary wing
- 50 hrs PIC NVG rotary wing
- Low Level Rating with Winch Endorsement
- Helicopter Command experience in a variety of operations
- Dangerous Goods Training and HUET certificates desirable
- EMS/SAR experience desirable.
Training and Checking Pilot
Key position accountabilities and responsibilities are:
- Ensuring competency standards are maintained for all aspects of ground training and flight training in accordance with Company, CASA and Department of Health requirements.
- Adhering to all WRHS & CASA stipulated Policies and Procedures and proactively seeking continuous improvement within this scope.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of Aviation Regulations.
- Assisting the team where applicable to achieve aircraft availability target and aircraft response times in accordance with Ambulance NSW contract requirements.
To be considered for this opportunity you will hold minimum experience as above plus:
- Hold a Helicopter Flight Instructor Rating with a multi-engine type training endorsement, or CAR 217 multi-engine Training and Checking approvals.
- Have a type rating on AW139, with 500hrs pilot in command.
- Hold, or have previously held, Flight Examiner (or CASR 61.040) privileges for the conduct of Instrument and NVIS Proficiency Checks.
- Be willing to conduct Simulator Training and Checking.
- Have strong leadership skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
A salary package will be determined in accordance with the Company's Registered Enterprise Agreement which you can request a copy of from Sally Bartley of peoplefusion firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to have the right to work in Australia and be prepared to complete a psychometric assessment, Working with Children Check and National Police History Check, and also pass a pre-employment medical if successful. The successful candidate will be required to live within one hour of the Belmont Base.
If this position is of interest to you and you have a passion for HEMS Operations we would love to hear from you. Please "APPLY" and follow the link providing a current CV and covering letter outlining your experience in accordance with the essentials stated above. Applications close Friday 6th July 2018. If you require further information a confidential discussion can be had with Sally Bartley on 02 4929 1666.
Due to operational demands calls and emails cannot be accepted at the WRHS Base.