- Unique opportunity for a graduate computer programmer / statistician
- Permanent role within the health data modelling industry
- Based in Redhead, with excellent work/life balance
Our client is the premier hospital demand modelling company in Australia. With more than 25 years' experience both internationally and throughout Australia, they specialise in the use of data to assist both public and private healthcare organisations with strategic planning and market opportunity analysis. Due to stable growth, we are now seeking a talented and enthusiastic data scientist that is at the early stages of their career, having a passion for stats, wanting to grow and learn being the best in their field.
As a Junior Analyst your primary responsibility will be to assist the Senior Analyst with data-based projects, data management and product creation. Day-to-day you will be analysing data, exploring trends through advanced computer techniques and applying inhouse methodologies, with the aim of producing meaningful data reports, with real-world insights supplied as products to the health industry. Your focus primarily will be to learn and develop your analytics and programming skills, to learn and specific client methodologies and accumulate health industry knowledge and medical terminology. This position will suit a person that is interested in the longer term, enjoys the challenge of learning new things, and to eventually develop themselves into a Senior Analyst role.
Desired experience and skills:
- Appropriate degree qualification in computer science or related discipline; you may be a recent graduate, about to graduate or have studied in these areas earlier in your career and wish to transition
- Competence in the R programming language
- Sound knowledge of mathematics and statistical techniques
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel, Access
- Experience using Tableau or similar business intelligence packages
- Ability to create automated programs in MS Excel using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Previous role or demonstrated interest in healthcare
The ideal person
You will have ambition to advance your skillset in every way, enjoying the challenge of keeping pace with technology and software advancements, and strive to be the best in your field. Having a passion for statistics and data, you will also want to reveal patterns, trends and meaningful real-world insights. Having a great attention to detail, you will excel at producing reports and documentation and you will enjoy computer-based work in an office environment.
You will be self-motivated, able to work independently and unsupervised but also enjoy working in a small team. You will be attracted to an early work start time, working hard in exchange for flexible finishing times.
If you have a true passion for this growth opportunity, apply now, Call Wendy Donovan on 02 4927 2015 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close Midnight Sunday 1st November.
To be considered you must be an Australian citizen
When applying please include a cover letter quantifying your experience and motivation for this role.