Our client is the premier hospital demand modelling company in Australia. With more than 25 years' experience, they specialise in the use of data to assist both public and private healthcare organisations with strategic planning and market opportunity analysis.
The Junior Analyst role involves analysing data and exploring trends through advanced computer techniques, assisting in producing meaningful data reports and products supplied to the health industry. Your focus primarily will be to learn and develop your analytics and programming, to learn and to understand specific client methodologies and health industry knowledge. This position will suit a person that is interested in the longer term, to grow and learn with our clients, and develop themselves into a Senior Analyst role.
- Build upon or expand Microsoft Excel/pivot table skills, and Access/database management expertise
- Learn and become an expert in Visual Basics for Applications (VBA), Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and Microsoft Power BI
- Acquire health industry knowledge (medical terminology, health service planning, data applications)
- Learn and apply your understanding of methodologies
- Assist with data-based projects, data management and product creation
- Maintain detailed operational documentation of all work processes and programs
Desired experience and skills:
- Appropriate degree qualification in computer science or related discipline; you may be a recent graduate, about to graduate or have studied in these areas earlier in your career and wish to transition
- Sound knowledge of mathematics and statistical techniques
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel, Access
- Enthusiasm for computers, computer programming and applications
- Post-graduate qualifications in related fields
- Experience/exposure to SAS Analytics or similar programming languages
- Real-world experience in programming and model development advantageous
To be successful in this role, you will be committed to ongoing learning throughout your career, enjoy the challenge of keeping pace with technology and software advancements, and strive to be the best in your field. You will also have a passion for statistics and data, and its ability to reveal patterns, trends and real-world insights. Having a great attention to detail, you will excel at producing reports and documentation.
You will be self-motivated, able to work independently and unsupervised but also enjoy working in a small team. You will be attracted to an early work start time, working hard in exchange for flexible finishing times. Typical working hours are Monday - Friday: 07.00am - 3.00pm.
If you have a true passion for this growth opportunity, apply now or call Wendy Donovan on 02 4929 1666 for a confidential discussion.